In August 2013, the California Association of Realtors conducted a survey of home sellers that bought a home between February 2013 and August 2013.
The 2013 Home Seller Survey infographic on the right shows the results of the survey:
- 50% of the sellers sold their home above asking price. One can safely say that the home was priced correctly, thus attracting enough buyers that overbid on the home.
- On Average, they each received approximately 6 offers from buyers. A home that is priced correctly will definitely receive multiple offers.
Top Reasons for Selling a Home:
- 23% of home sellers felt that the time was right
- 14% of home sellers sold due to financial difficulties.
- 145 of home sellers sold because of the competitive interest rates.
- 135 of home sellers sold because they felt th...